Blakes Cannabis Summit 2017
Join leaders in the Canadian cannabis industry for an in-depth look at the legal and regulatory landscape of medical and recreational cannabis. The Blakes Cannabis Summit will feature thought leaders from across the sector in Canada and the U.S., along with Blakes lawyers, who will delve into the latest developments, potential challenges and opportunities that lie ahead for businesses intersecting with cannabis in the upcoming year.
- Legalization: Challenges and Opportunities
- Current Market Status and the Opportunities from a Capital Markets Perspective
- Regulatory and Marketing Issues
- Employment Issues for the Cannabis Industry
- Cannabis, Commercial Real Estate and the Environment
- International Trade, Tax and Foreign Investments Considerations
- Fireside Chat: Leaders of Tomorrow
- Ruth Chun, General Counsel, Newstrike Resources Ltd.
- Glenn Fraser, Vice President, National Leader, Food & Beverage Processing, MNP LLP
- Michael Gorenstein, CEO, Cronos Group Inc
- Basem Hanna, President and Chief Executive Officer, TerrAscend Corp.
- Steve Hawkins, President and Co-CEO, Horizons ETFs Management (Canada) Inc.
- Josh Kappel, Partner, Vicente Sederberg LLC
- Omar Khan, Vice President, Public Affairs, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada
- Martin Landry, Managing Director, Equity Research – Special Situations & Consumer Products, GMP Securities L.P.
- Ronan Levy, Chief Corporate Officer and General Counsel, Canadian Cannabis Clinics
- Greg McLeish, Director, Equity Research, Mackie Research Capital
- Michael Nashat, Chief Operating Officer, TerrAscend Corp.
- Vic Neufeld, Chair of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer, Aphria Inc.
- Joel Sherlock, Co-founder/Chairman, Vitalis Extraction Tech
- Steve Winokur, Managing Director, Investment Banking, Canaccord Genuity
- Joseph Grignano, Partner
- Michael Howcroft, Partner
- Jonathan Kahn, Partner
- Greg Kanargelidis, Partner
- Norbert Knutel, Partner
- Alexis Levine, Partner
- Tara Piurko, Partner
- Kevin Rusli, Partner
- Alice Tseng, Partner
- Zvi Halpern-Shavim, Associate
- Registration: 1:30 – 2 p.m.
- Presentations: 2 – 5:10 p.m.
- Networking: 5:10 – 6 p.m.
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
199 Bay Street
Suite 4000, Commerce Court West
Toronto, Ontario (Map)
Mandatory Continuing Education
This program contains 3 hours of Substantive content.
If you would like more information about this seminar, please contact Toronto Events by email.
The materials on the Blakes Business Class website are provided for informational purposes only. Accessing this information does not create a lawyer-client relationship. The information does not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue.
You may display on your computer, download and print a copy of the material on our website for non-commercial, personal or educational purposes only, provided that the content is not modified and that each copy of such materials identifies the source, bears our copyright notice “© Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP” and the terms of this limited licence. However, no part of any document on our website may be reproduced or transmitted for any other purpose without the prior written permission of Blakes. Enquiries can be directed to Stephanie Willson, Chief Client Relations & Marketing Officer.
© 2017 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.
BLAKES, BUSINESS IS OUR SIGNATURE, BUSINESS CLASS, the BLAKES BULLETIN and BLAKES MEANS BUSINESS are trade-marks of Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.