IP Strategies in the Oil and Gas Sector
Blakes invites you to attend a seminar focused on the importance of intellectual property, with a particular emphasis on the oil and gas sector. Blakes lawyers and patent agents will highlight the key elements of each topic listed below and provide forecasts and constructive recommendations.
- Recent commentary by the Federal Court regarding confidentiality in the oil patch
- Patenting and enforcing a variety of claims to cover the activities of participants
- What constitutes induced infringement?
- The continued increase in litigation by non-practising entities in Canada
- Best practices you need to know
- Santosh Chari, Patent Agent, Toronto
- Dalton W. McGrath, Q.C., FCIArb, Partner, Calgary
- Michael O’Brien, Partner, Calgary
- Anthony Prenol, Partner, Toronto
- Breakfast and Registration: 7:30 – 8 a.m.
- Presentations: 8 – 9 a.m.
Calgary Petroleum Club
319 – 5th Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta (Map)
If you would like more information about this seminar, please contact Valerie Bowden by email or at 403-663-2880.
The materials on the Blakes Business Class website are provided for informational purposes only. Accessing this information does not create a lawyer-client relationship. The information does not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue.
You may display on your computer, download and print a copy of the material on our website for non-commercial, personal or educational purposes only, provided that the content is not modified and that each copy of such materials identifies the source, bears our copyright notice “© Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP” and the terms of this limited licence. However, no part of any document on our website may be reproduced or transmitted for any other purpose without the prior written permission of Blakes. Enquiries can be directed to Stephanie Willson, Chief Client Relations & Marketing Officer.
© 2018 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.
BLAKES, BUSINESS IS OUR SIGNATURE, BUSINESS CLASS, the BLAKES BULLETIN and BLAKES MEANS BUSINESS are trade-marks of Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.