Recent Cases and Key Issues in Environmental Law: What You May Not Have Noticed (or Expected)
Join members of the Blakes Environmental group for a discussion around recent developments and cases in environmental law. Panellists will provide five-minute lively updates on noteworthy (but often overlooked) aspects of recent developments and cases with a focus on the potential impacts to your operations.
- Provincial regulatory update, including anticipated changes/trends in British Colombia, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec
- Federal regulatory review: an update on the CEAA, National Energy Board, Fisheries Act and Navigation Protection Act
- Species at risk: potential stand-off between B.C. and the feds, and pending B.C. species-at-risk legislation
- Commercial issues, including indemnities and remediation end-points
- Social acceptance and Crown consultation, including recent cases on these issues
- Enforcement and litigation, including recent cases on damages in pollution cases and “bigger and bigger” environmental penalties
- Tony Crossman, Partner, Vancouver
- Janice Walton, Counsel, Vancouver
- Nardia Chernawsky, Associate, Vancouver
- Sam Adkins, Partner, Vancouver
- Jonathan Kahn, Partner, Toronto
- Charles Kazaz, Partner, Montréal
- Duff Harper, Partner, Calgary
- Breakfast and Registration: 7:15 – 7:45 a.m.
- Presentations: 7:45 – 9:15 a.m.
Fairmont Pacific Rim
Emerald Conference Room
1038 Canada Place
Vancouver, B.C. (Map)
Mandatory Continuing Education
This program has been accredited for 1.5 CPD Credit Hours with The Law Society of British Columbia.
If you would like more information about this seminar, please contact us by email.
The materials on the Blakes Business Class website are provided for informational purposes only. Accessing this information does not create a lawyer-client relationship. The information does not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue.
You may display on your computer, download and print a copy of the material on our website for non-commercial, personal or educational purposes only, provided that the content is not modified and that each copy of such materials identifies the source, bears our copyright notice “© Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP” and the terms of this limited licence. However, no part of any document on our website may be reproduced or transmitted for any other purpose without the prior written permission of Blakes. Enquiries can be directed to Stephanie Willson, Chief Client Relations & Marketing Officer.
© 2017 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.
BLAKES, BUSINESS IS OUR SIGNATURE, BUSINESS CLASS, the BLAKES BULLETIN and BLAKES MEANS BUSINESS are trade-marks of Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.