Termination of Construction Contracts
The economic climate of the past three years has seen a marked increase in the number of construction projects that have been terminated, suspended or threatened to be terminated. Please join us as we discuss some of the key issues that can arise from such terminations or potential terminations and practical tips for protecting existing rights and remedies under the project contract.
- Drafting and interpreting default and termination clauses – when and how can the contract lawfully be terminated?
- Termination for cause and termination for convenience
- Does the duty of good faith in the performance of contracts extend to termination?
- Damages clauses – what remedies may be available on termination?
- Drafting and utilizing dispute resolution clauses – how should disputes regarding termination best be resolved?
- Recent court decisions of interest in interpreting construction contracts and termination clauses
- Breakfast and Registration: 7:30 – 8 a.m.
- Presentations: 8 – 9 a.m.
Calgary Petroleum Club
319 – 5th Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta (Map)
If you would like more information about this seminar, please contact Becky Freeman by email.
The materials on the Blakes Business Class website are provided for informational purposes only. Accessing this information does not create a lawyer-client relationship. The information does not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue.
You may display on your computer, download and print a copy of the material on our website for non-commercial, personal or educational purposes only, provided that the content is not modified and that each copy of such materials identifies the source, bears our copyright notice “© Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP” and the terms of this limited licence. However, no part of any document on our website may be reproduced or transmitted for any other purpose without the prior written permission of Blakes. Enquiries can be directed to Stephanie Willson, Chief Client Relations & Marketing Officer.
© 2018 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.
BLAKES, BUSINESS IS OUR SIGNATURE, BUSINESS CLASS, the BLAKES BULLETIN and BLAKES MEANS BUSINESS are trade-marks of Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.