The Art of Arbitration: Role of In-House Counsel
Arbitration has a number of advantages when resolving domestic or international commercial disputes. Are you equipped to play your part in successfully managing the conduct of arbitrations?
Join a panel of industry peers and Blakes lawyers for an interactive discussion focusing on the role of in-house counsel in domestic and international arbitrations. The panel will discuss the stages of an arbitration, decisions that need to be made at critical junctures and tips for how you can be proactive to make the process efficient, effective and successful.
- Making the decision to arbitrate
- Selecting outside counsel
- Selecting arbitrators
- Determining the arbitration strategy and process
- Participating in case management conferences and roles at the hearing
- Organizing internal resources and choosing experts.
- Keeping an eye out for settlement opportunities
- Brad Berg, FCIArb., Partner, Blakes, Toronto
- Rahat Godil, Partner, Blakes, Toronto
- David Tupper, Partner, Blakes, Calgary
- David de Vlieger, Senior Litigation Counsel, Repsol Oil & Gas Canada Inc.
- Jody Johnson, Associate General Counsel, TransCanada PipeLines Limited
- Breakfast and Registration: 7:30 – 8 a.m.
- Presentations: 8 – 9 a.m.
Calgary Petroleum Club
319 – 5th Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta (Map)
If you would like more information about this seminar, please contact Becky Freeman by email
The materials on the Blakes Business Class website are provided for informational purposes only. Accessing this information does not create a lawyer-client relationship. The information does not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue.
You may display on your computer, download and print a copy of the material on our website for non-commercial, personal or educational purposes only, provided that the content is not modified and that each copy of such materials identifies the source, bears our copyright notice “© Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP” and the terms of this limited licence. However, no part of any document on our website may be reproduced or transmitted for any other purpose without the prior written permission of Blakes. Enquiries can be directed to Stephanie Willson, Chief Client Relations & Marketing Officer.
© 2017 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.
BLAKES, BUSINESS IS OUR SIGNATURE, BUSINESS CLASS, the BLAKES BULLETIN and BLAKES MEANS BUSINESS are trade-marks of Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.