The Art of Arbitration: Role of In-House Counsel
Arbitration has a number of advantages when resolving domestic or international commercial disputes. Are you equipped to play your part in successfully managing the conduct of arbitrations?
Join a panel of industry peers and Blakes arbitration counsel for an interactive discussion focusing on the role of in-house counsel in domestic and international arbitrations. The panel will discuss the stages of an arbitration, decisions that need to be made at critical junctures and tips for how you can be proactive to make the process efficient, effective and successful.
- Making the decision to arbitrate
- Selecting outside counsel
- Selecting arbitrators
- Determining the arbitration strategy and process
- Participating in case management conferences and roles at the hearing
- Organizing internal resources and choosing experts
- Keeping an eye out for settlement opportunities
- David Avren, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Coast Capital Savings
- Elsie Plytas, Senior Counsel, Canadian Disputes, TD Legal
- Joe McArthur, FCIArb., Partner, Vancouver
- Laura Cundari, Partner, Vancouver
- Rahat Godil, Partner, Toronto
- Breakfast and Registration: 7:30 – 8 a.m.
- Presentations: 8 – 9 a.m
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
595 Burrard Street
Suite 2600, Three Bentall Centre
Vancouver, B.C. (Map)
Mandatory Continuing Education
This program has been accredited for 1 CPD Credit Hour with The Law Society of British Columbia.
If you would like more information about this seminar, please contact us by email.
The materials on the Blakes Business Class website are provided for informational purposes only. Accessing this information does not create a lawyer-client relationship. The information does not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue.
You may display on your computer, download and print a copy of the material on our website for non-commercial, personal or educational purposes only, provided that the content is not modified and that each copy of such materials identifies the source, bears our copyright notice “© Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP” and the terms of this limited licence. However, no part of any document on our website may be reproduced or transmitted for any other purpose without the prior written permission of Blakes. Enquiries can be directed to Stephanie Willson, Chief Client Relations & Marketing Officer.
© 2018 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.
BLAKES, BUSINESS IS OUR SIGNATURE, BUSINESS CLASS, the BLAKES BULLETIN and BLAKES MEANS BUSINESS are trade-marks of Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.