The Future of Money
Date: June 5, 2017
On behalf of the Forstner Group Inc., Blakes and Campbell Strategies, you are invited to attend an event with a group of business and policy leaders to discuss “The Future of Money.” Our presenters will address the issues and implications of the rapid digitization of money, alternative currencies and financial innovation. This is a dynamic backdrop for Toronto’s banking and capital markets driven economy.
In the context of accelerating innovation and new technology, the implications are significant, posing fundamental questions for monetary policy, the role of central banks, banking and capital markets, cybersecurity, individual privacy, the role of governments, regulation, and public policy.
Our speakers include:
- Stephen Murchison, Advisor to the Governor, Bank of Canada
- Sasha Romanosky, B.Sc., PhD, The Rand Corporation – currently Cyber Policy Advisor at Pentagon, Office of the Secretary of Defense for Policy
- Nicholas de Pencier, President, Mercury Films Inc. – Director and Producer of the award-winning film Black Code
- Mathew Ingram, Senior Writer, Fortune – Written widely for many years on disruptive technology such as the blockchain, equity crowdfunding, social media, and the collection and use of personal data
- Jacqueline Shinfield, Partner, Blakes
- Registration and Breakfast: 7:45 a.m.
- Presentations, Panel Discussion and Break: 8:10 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
199 Bay Street
Suite 4000, Commerce Court West
Toronto, Ontario (Map)
Mandatory Continuing Education
This program contains 2 hours of Substantive content.
If you would like more information about this seminar, please contact us by email.
The materials on the Blakes Business Class website are provided for informational purposes only. Accessing this information does not create a lawyer-client relationship. The information does not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue.
You may display on your computer, download and print a copy of the material on our website for non-commercial, personal or educational purposes only, provided that the content is not modified and that each copy of such materials identifies the source, bears our copyright notice “© Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP” and the terms of this limited licence. However, no part of any document on our website may be reproduced or transmitted for any other purpose without the prior written permission of Blakes. Enquiries can be directed to Stephanie Willson, Chief Client Relations & Marketing Officer.
© 2018 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.
BLAKES, BUSINESS IS OUR SIGNATURE, BUSINESS CLASS, the BLAKES BULLETIN and BLAKES MEANS BUSINESS are trade-marks of Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.