Hot-Button Topics in Intellectual Property Law – Emerging Technology Edition
Emerging Technology Edition
With the growing amount of news on emerging technologies and the increase in funding for innovation, this year’s program will be themed around emerging technologies. Our Blakes lawyers and patent agents highlight the key elements of each topic and provide forecasts and constructive recommendations.
Moderator and Introduction to the Innovation Landscape in Canada – Brett Slaney
- Gary Daniel – Get Ready for the Wide World of eSports and iSports
- Santosh Chari – CRISPR Technology: Tailored Genes Are Around The Corner
- Jake Gilbert and Chris Jones – Collaborating in the Innovation Environment
- David Feldman – Cleverly Contracting for Cybersecurity
- Wendy Mee – Pass the Salt: Getting the Personal Out of Personal Information
- Anthony Prenol and Antonio Turco – The Perils of Youth: The Most Common Mistakes of Emerging Companies
- Leah Rodin – 3D Printing of Human Organs
- Marc Shewchun – Show Me the Money: How to Get It from the Government
- Wilfred So – The Real IP in Artificial Intelligence and How to Protect It
- Alice Tseng – The Regulatory Impact on Technology in the Cannabis Industry: A Growing Field
- Laura Weinrib – New Companies, New Advertising Strategies: New Things to Know to Keep the Regulator Away
- Thomas Wong – Making Emerging Technologies Work for Everyone
Mandatory Continuing Education
This program contains 2 hours and 30 minutes of Substantive content.
Sorry. You must be logged in to view this form.
Sorry. You must be logged in to view this form.[/not-level-visitors][level-visitors]
In order to view videos, you must be logged in to Blakes Business Class.
Don’t have a login? Register today for a free account with Blakes Business Class and get great benefits like:
- Access to exclusive content
- Video seminars for CPD accreditation
- Weekly updates for the latest insights, seminars and videos.
If you have already logged in and are still seeing this message, your registration has not been processed yet. It can take up to 24 hours to process new registrations.[/level-visitors]
Please note that CLE/CPD requirements and obligations for legal professionals (including requirements with respect to archived video programs) vary in each Canadian province. Please refer to the information and respective law society websites on Blakes.com/CLECPD for full details.
Please take a moment to log your hours for attending this program on the LSUC Portal. The Portal has changed and accredited programs are no longer all listed on the LSUC Portal. As a result you must manually log the details of this program, including the title, date and time of the program. You can access the Portal at: https://portal.lsuc.on.ca. Please be reminded that the LSUC by-laws state that lawyers must maintain documentation supporting their attendance at all eligible CPD activities until December 31st of the year following the year in which the activities were reported. Accordingly, we recommend you retain this email message along with copies of relevant program materials.
Viewing archived or recorded webcasts, video replays, or other recorded program formats are eligible educational activities for up to 6 hours per year [for the LSUC].
Quebec Bar Accreditation
- Provider’s name: Blake, Cassels & Graydon S.E.N.C.R.L./s.r.l.
- Quebec Bar Activity Number – 10017364
The Law Society of British Columbia
Credit may be claimed where the subject matter is an approved topic and at least two lawyers or a lawyer and articled student view a pre-recorded Blakes Business Class video together for educational purposes (including by telephone or other real time communications technology).”
Blakes periodically provides materials on our services and developments in the law to interested persons. For additional information on our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Blakes Bulletin is intended for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue. We would be pleased to provide additional details or advice about specific situations if desired.
For permission to reprint articles, please contact the Blakes Client Relations & Marketing Department at 416-863-4345 or email@example.com. © 2018 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP