What’s Next in Securities Litigation: Emerging Technologies and Industries
Emerging technologies and industries are reshaping securities litigation and enforcement in Canada. Cryptocurrencies and robo-advisers are challenging regulators and market participants alike. Recent moves towards consolidation in the cannabis industry have tested the new take-over bid regime, and new case law has implications for underwriters in securities class actions.
Please join our panel of Capital Markets and Litigation & Dispute Resolution practitioners to discuss recent trends, developments and what’s next in securities litigation and regulatory enforcement.
- Latest developments under the new take-over bid regime
- Recent developments in securities class action litigation – spotlight on Quebec
- Sean Boyle, Partner, Vancouver
- Andrea Laing, Partner, Toronto
- Ross McKee, Partner, Toronto
- Alex Moore, Partner, Toronto
- Ryan Morris, Partner, Toronto
- Kevin Rusli, Partner, Toronto
- Seumas Woods, Partner, Toronto
- Alexandra Luchenko, Associate, Vancouver
- Simon Seida, Associate, Montréal
- Breakfast and Registration: 8 – 8:30 a.m.
- Presentations: 8:30 – 10 a.m.
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
199 Bay Street
Suite 4000, Commerce Court West
Toronto, Ontario (Map)
Mandatory Continuing Education
This program contains 1 hour and 30 minutes of Substantive content.
If you would like more information about this seminar, please contact us by email.
The materials on the Blakes Business Class website are provided for informational purposes only. Accessing this information does not create a lawyer-client relationship. The information does not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue.
You may display on your computer, download and print a copy of the material on our website for non-commercial, personal or educational purposes only, provided that the content is not modified and that each copy of such materials identifies the source, bears our copyright notice “© Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP” and the terms of this limited licence. However, no part of any document on our website may be reproduced or transmitted for any other purpose without the prior written permission of Blakes. Enquiries can be directed to Stephanie Willson, Chief Client Relations & Marketing Officer.
© 2018 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.
BLAKES, BUSINESS IS OUR SIGNATURE, BUSINESS CLASS, the BLAKES BULLETIN and BLAKES MEANS BUSINESS are trade-marks of Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.