2019 Federal Election: Business and Legal Implications
Date: November 19, 2019
Following the results of the 2019 federal election, we invite you to join Blakes and guest speakers for a discussion on the key business and legal implications.
- What do the implications of a minority government mean for Canadian businesses?
- What are the lobbying considerations when communicating with new ministers and political staff?
- What are the access to information requirements when communicating with government?
- What are the rules for entertaining and giving gifts to ministers and political staff?
- Likely timelines and off-ramps in a minority government
- Alexis Levine, Partner, Blakes
- Marianne Smith, Partner, Blakes
- Nicole Henderson, Partner, Blakes
- Don Guy, Chief Strategist, Pollara Strategic Insights
- Jason Lietaer, Enterprise Canada Consultants Inc.
- Brian Topp, Partner, KTG Public Affairs
Mandatory Continuing Education
This program contains 1 hour of Substantive content.
Tuesday, November 19, 2019
Breakfast and Registration:
8 – 8:30 a.m.
8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
199 Bay Street
Suite 4000, Commerce Court West
Toronto, Ontario (Map)
If you would like more information about this program, please contact us by email
The materials on the Blakes Business Class website are provided for informational purposes only. Accessing this information does not create a lawyer-client relationship. The information does not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue.
You may display on your computer, download and print a copy of the material on our website for non-commercial, personal or educational purposes only, provided that the content is not modified and that each copy of such materials identifies the source, bears our copyright notice “© Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP” and the terms of this limited licence. However, no part of any document on our website may be reproduced or transmitted for any other purpose without the prior written permission of Blakes. Enquiries can be directed to the Blakes Client Relations & Marketing Department at email@example.com.
© 2019 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.
BLAKES, BUSINESS IS OUR SIGNATURE, BUSINESS CLASS, the BLAKES BULLETIN and BLAKES MEANS BUSINESS are trade-marks of Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.