Blakes Cannabis Roundtable
Date: May 17, 2018
Join us for discussions around the current landscape and trends of the cannabis industry in Canada as we approach the legalization date. Hear from thought leaders on the state of the market, best practices for marketing and branding and the impact legalization will have on capital markets.
For more information about legal trends to watch, please read our 2018 Legal Trends: Cannabis publication.
Topics and Panellists:
State of the Market
- Hugo Alves, President & Director, Cannabis Wheaton Income Corp.
- Derek Ogden, President, National Access Cannabis Corp.
- Chuck Rifici, Founder and CEO, Nesta Holding Co. Ltd.; Chairman & CEO, Cannabis Wheaton Income Corp.; Chairman, National Access Cannabis Corp.
- Alexis Levine, Partner, Blakes
Marketing and Branding
- Darren Karasiuk, Vice-President, Strategy, MedReleaf
- Ruth Chun, General Counsel, Newstrike Resources Ltd./Up Cannabis Inc.
- Christy Zhou, Vice President – Legal, Tilray Canada
- Norbert Knutel, Partner, Blakes
- Fabian Monaco, Director, XIB Financial Inc.
- Xiuming Shum, General Counsel, Cronos Group Inc.
- Ari Unterman, Director of Operations & Legal Counsel, TerrAscend Corp.
- Tim Andison, Partner, Blakes
Medical Cannabis 2030
- Blaine Pearson, Co-Founder & CMO, Business of Cannabis
- Laura Weinrib, Partner, Blakes
- Robin Linley, Partner, Blakes
Lunch and Registration: 12 – 12:30 p.m. EDT
Presentations/Live Webcast: 12:30 – 2 p.m. EDT
Mandatory Continuing Education
This program contains 1 hour and 30 minutes of Substantive content.
This program is approved by The Law Society of Ontario for up to 1 Hour and 30 Minutes of Mandatory Continuing Education and is automatically recognized by the Quebec Bar. You must still declare the hours completed on your training statement and keep proof of your participation in this activity.
This program has been accredited for 1.5 CPD Credit Hours with The Law Society of British Columbia.
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
199 Bay Street
Suite 4000, Commerce Court West
Toronto, Ontario (Map)
Join by Live Webcast
If you cannot attend in person, you have the option to join us by live webcast. Please R.S.V.P. to register for the webcast, and log-in details will be sent to you prior to the date.
If you would like more information about this seminar, please contact us by email.
The materials on the Blakes Business Class website are provided for informational purposes only. Accessing this information does not create a lawyer-client relationship. The information does not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue.
You may display on your computer, download and print a copy of the material on our website for non-commercial, personal or educational purposes only, provided that the content is not modified and that each copy of such materials identifies the source, bears our copyright notice “© Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP” and the terms of this limited licence. However, no part of any document on our website may be reproduced or transmitted for any other purpose without the prior written permission of Blakes. Enquiries can be directed to Stephanie Willson, Chief Client Relations & Marketing Officer.
© 2018 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.
BLAKES, BUSINESS IS OUR SIGNATURE, BUSINESS CLASS, the BLAKES BULLETIN and BLAKES MEANS BUSINESS are trade-marks of Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.