IP Strategies in the Oil and Gas Sector
Date: September 12, 2018
Blakes invites you to attend a seminar focused on the development and implementation of effective intellectual property strategies in the oil and gas sector.
For many companies involved in one or more aspects of this sector, the development of technical solutions to problems has become crucial for advancing their business interests and profitability. Protecting those technical solutions is, therefore, vital to any company’s long-term interests and competitiveness.
This has led to both domestic and foreign companies in the oil and gas industry increasing their rates of patent filings in recent years. In turn, there has been a corresponding increase in patent litigation as patent owners strive to maintain their competitive advantage.
Join some of the industry’s leading lawyers and patent agents in discussing these matters, including the following topics:
- Protecting confidentiality of intellectual property in the oil patch
- Patenting innovations with an eye on subsequent enforcement
- Statistics on patenting and enforcement in the oil and gas industry
- Issuing and responding to cease and desist letters
- The impact of patents on different parties in the industry
- Procedures for challenging patent applications and patents
- Best practices for settlement of patent litigation
- Santosh Chari, Patent Agent, Toronto
- Dalton W. McGrath, Q.C., FCIArb, Partner, Calgary
- Michael O’Brien, Partner, Calgary
- Anthony Prenol, Partner, Toronto
- Emilie Cox, Associate, Calgary
- Breakfast and Registration: 7:30 – 8 a.m.
- Presentations: 8 – 9 a.m.
Calgary Petroleum Club
319 – 5 Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta (Map)
If you would like more information about this seminar, please contact Becky Freeman by email or at 403‑663‑2288.
The materials on the Blakes Business Class website are provided for informational purposes only. Accessing this information does not create a lawyer-client relationship. The information does not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue.
You may display on your computer, download and print a copy of the material on our website for non-commercial, personal or educational purposes only, provided that the content is not modified and that each copy of such materials identifies the source, bears our copyright notice “© Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP” and the terms of this limited licence. However, no part of any document on our website may be reproduced or transmitted for any other purpose without the prior written permission of Blakes. Enquiries can be directed to Stephanie Willson, Chief Client Relations & Marketing Officer.
© 2018 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.
BLAKES, BUSINESS IS OUR SIGNATURE, BUSINESS CLASS, the BLAKES BULLETIN and BLAKES MEANS BUSINESS are trade-marks of Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.