Recent Cases and Key Issues in Environmental Law: What You May Not Have Noticed (or Expected)
Date: November 22, 2017
Join members of the Blakes Environmental group for a discussion of hot topics and trends in Canadian environmental law. In a “quick hits” format with time for discussion, our panellists will speak on a variety of cutting-edge issues.
- Carbon markets: opportunities arising out of the development of the Quebec/Ontario carbon markets
- Litigation trends, including changes in federal enforcement and fines, assessment of damages in environmental contamination cases and tactics in suing the Crown
- Project development hurdles, including developments in First Nations consultation and social acceptability
- Updates on federal environmental statute reform and new provincial initiatives
- Anne Drost, Partner, Montréal
- Ben Jetten, Partner, Toronto
- Brittiny Rabinovitch, Associate, Toronto
- Charles Kazaz, Partner, Montréal
- Duff Harper, Partner, Calgary
- Grace Smith, Associate, Toronto
- Iris Antonios, Partner, Toronto
- Jonathan Kahn, Partner, Toronto
- Tony Crossman, Partner, Vancouver
- Breakfast and Registration: 8 – 8:30 a.m.
- Presentations: 8:30 – 10 a.m.
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
199 Bay Street
Suite 4000, Commerce Court West
Toronto, Ontario (Map)
Mandatory Continuing Education
This program contains 1 hour and 30 minutes of Substantive content.
If you would like more information about this seminar, please contact us by email.
The materials on the Blakes Business Class website are provided for informational purposes only. Accessing this information does not create a lawyer-client relationship. The information does not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue.
You may display on your computer, download and print a copy of the material on our website for non-commercial, personal or educational purposes only, provided that the content is not modified and that each copy of such materials identifies the source, bears our copyright notice “© Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP” and the terms of this limited licence. However, no part of any document on our website may be reproduced or transmitted for any other purpose without the prior written permission of Blakes. Enquiries can be directed to Stephanie Willson, Chief Client Relations & Marketing Officer.
© 2018 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.
BLAKES, BUSINESS IS OUR SIGNATURE, BUSINESS CLASS, the BLAKES BULLETIN and BLAKES MEANS BUSINESS are trade-marks of Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.