Recent Developments and Issues in Environmental Law: What You May Not Have Noticed (or Expected)
Date: November 15, 2017
Join members of the Blakes Environmental group for lively updates of about five to seven minutes on noteworthy (but often overlooked) aspects of key cases and other environmental issues with a focus on the potential impacts to your operations.
- Commercial issues, including carbon markets, indemnities and remediation end-points
- Regulatory reviews, including CEAA and NEB reform
- Social licence and Crown consultation, including United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples and free, prior and informed consent
- Litigation, including civil Issues and administrative law issues
- Sandy Carpenter, Partner, Calgary
- Tony Crossman, Partner, Vancouver
- Duff Harper, Partner, Calgary
- Charles Kazaz, Partner, Montréal
- Jonathan Kahn, Partner, Toronto
- Lars Olthafer, Partner, Calgary
- Katie Slipp, Partner, Calgary
- Kemm Yates, Partner, Calgary
- Nicole Bakker, Associate, Calgary
- Breakfast and Registration: 7:15 – 7:45 a.m.
- Presentations: 7:45 – 9:15 a.m.
Calgary Petroleum Club
319 – 5 Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta (Map)
If you would like more information about this seminar, please contact Becky Freeman by email or at 403-663-2288.
The materials on the Blakes Business Class website are provided for informational purposes only. Accessing this information does not create a lawyer-client relationship. The information does not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue.
You may display on your computer, download and print a copy of the material on our website for non-commercial, personal or educational purposes only, provided that the content is not modified and that each copy of such materials identifies the source, bears our copyright notice “© Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP” and the terms of this limited licence. However, no part of any document on our website may be reproduced or transmitted for any other purpose without the prior written permission of Blakes. Enquiries can be directed to Stephanie Willson, Chief Client Relations & Marketing Officer.
© 2018 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.
BLAKES, BUSINESS IS OUR SIGNATURE, BUSINESS CLASS, the BLAKES BULLETIN and BLAKES MEANS BUSINESS are trade-marks of Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.