Stepping Beyond: Future Opportunities
Date: September 27, 2018
Blakes is pleased to introduce a new program in our continued partnership with Women General Counsel Canada. Stepping Beyond is directed to women general counsel who are preparing for opportunities beyond their GC role.
We invite you to join us for a candid discussion with an experienced panel of current and former general counsel who will provide insights on how to expand or step beyond the GC role.
- Hear what they did to prepare for their next role and when they knew they were ready
- Learn how thinking outside the legal role can play an important part in succession planning and development opportunities for your team
- Find out how they identified opportunities and transitioned themselves, or a team member, into their next role beyond the legal department
We look forward to seeing you on September 27.
- Trudy Curran, Board of Directors, Baytex Energy Corp., Riversdale Resources, and Kids Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta; Member, Board of Commissioners, Alberta Securities Commission
- Barbara Munroe, Executive Vice President, Corporate Services and General Counsel, WestJet
- Dean Readman, Director, Infrastructure Partnerships, Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Lisa Skakun, General Counsel and Chief Corporate Development Officer, Coast Capital Savings
- Karen Gilmore, Vice President and General Counsel, Fulmer Capital Partners Inc.; B.C. Chapter Leader and National Board Member, Women General Counsel Canada
Panel: 4 – 5 p.m
Q&A/Interactive Exercise: 5 – 5:30 p.m.
Networking: 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Mandatory Continuing Education
This program has been accredited for 1.5 CPD Credit Hours with The Law Society of British Columbia.
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
595 Burrard Street
Suite 2600, Three Bentall Centre
Vancouver, B.C. (Map)
If you would like more information about this event or if you have any meal restrictions, please contact us by email.
The materials on the Blakes Business Class website are provided for informational purposes only. Accessing this information does not create a lawyer-client relationship. The information does not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue.
You may display on your computer, download and print a copy of the material on our website for non-commercial, personal or educational purposes only, provided that the content is not modified and that each copy of such materials identifies the source, bears our copyright notice “© Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP” and the terms of this limited licence. However, no part of any document on our website may be reproduced or transmitted for any other purpose without the prior written permission of Blakes. Enquiries can be directed to the Blakes Client Relations & Marketing Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2019 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.
BLAKES, BUSINESS IS OUR SIGNATURE, BUSINESS CLASS, the BLAKES BULLETIN and BLAKES MEANS BUSINESS are trade-marks of Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.